Office of Good Governance (OGG)
- Provide advice to the Prime Minister and OPM respective units in the areas of good governance, human rights, equal opportunities and anti-discrimination issues;
Oversee and provide advice to Ministries in the areas of good governance, human rights, equal opportunities and anti-discrimination issues;
- Draw up policies in the areas of good governance, human rights, equal opportunities and anti-discrimination issues;
- Review action policies, draft legislation prepared by Government bodies in compliance with human rights’ standards in force and practices of good governance in cooperation with the Legal Office and provide advice and recommendation to the Prime Minister and respective Ministries in compliance with circumstances;
- Assist in the development and implementation of public communication campaigns and other
promotional projects to raise the awareness of the population on international standards on human rights, transparency, ethics and accountability of public administration, good governance, equal opportunities, anti-discrimination and other principles of democratic governance;
- Consult with representatives of various groups of interest and if needed establish advisory bodies to review issues of good governance, human rights, equal opportunities and anti-discrimination issues;
- Coordinate the process of policy-making for the involvement of civil society in policy-making and decision-making and support the Government-civil society cooperation;
- Coordinates the process of establishing of supervision and reporting system for inclusion of civil society
- Ensures strengthening of cooperation, partnership, coordination of
activities and inclusion through government institutions and civil society with the aim of drafting and implementing public policies for the benefit of citizens;
- Education and awareness increase for civil workers and public for active citizenship and participating democracy.
- Monitoring of drafting and implementation of strategic documents against corruption, overseeing anti-fraud activities and corruption in the executive branch and awareness increase of workers on prevention and fighting corruption..
- Office of Good Governance shall serve as a Secretariat and a Coordination Unit for various Government bodies and mechanisms and shall serve as a Secretariat to few national committees and councils in the area of human rights and good governance.