Kosovo Integration Initiative 2020
What is KOSINT 2020
This Project is a partnership among four civil society organizations working toward the all-inclusive participation of members of Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian communities in the fields of education, employment and social welfare. Funded by Roma Initiatives Office (RIO) within the framework of Open Society Foundations (OSF), the Project aims to improve access of Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian communities to education, employment and social welfare and contribute to the fulfilment of Kosovo Government commitments by encouraging civil society organizations to get involved in reform monitoring, policy development and budget planning, as well as advocacy. The project is implemented by Kosova Education Center (KEC) in cooperation with Balkan Sunflowers Kosova (BSFK), Roma & Ashkalia Documentation Center (RADC) and Syri i Vizionit (SiV).
How does KOSINT 2020 operate
The Project aims to increase capacities of civil society organizations to monitor sectorial reforms, to ensure their proper implementation and to influence policy development and budget planning in the three aforementioned fields, as concerns these communities, in view of commitments outlined in the Strategy for the Inclusion of Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian Communities in Kosovar Society 2020.This will be accomplished by pursuing the following three components:
- Building capacities of civil society organizations to participate in reform monitoring, policy development and budget planning;
- Monitoring sectorial reforms in education, employment and social welfare, in the framework of government commitments for the inclusion of Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian communities;
- Policy development and advocacy through the influence of civil society organizations on reform policies in education, employment and social welfare, in the best interest of Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian communities.
Foundations of project activities
An essential part of KOSINT 2020 is the establishment of a network of civil society organizations which contribute to the all-inclusiveness of Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian communities in the domains of education, employment and social welfare in Kosovo. This Network will strengthen the impact of each organization and will guarantee further expansion of activities such as monitoring and advocacy for issues pertaining to these communities. The members of the Project Network will play an important role in the decision-making process through constant harmonization of Project activities with evolving needs of the Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian communities.
Influence on sectorial reforms
Through its Network (and more) KOSINT 2020 will conduct a wide range of meetings and activities with an extended base of participation by civil society to discuss matters of general interest for the Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian communities. The main focus will be on sectorial reforms that concern the inclusion of these communities in social life in Kosovo. The results will provide a solid foundation for advocacy initiatives to be undertaken throughout the development of various policies relevant to the aforementioned communities.
What is expected of KOSINT 2020
- Improved capacity of civil society organizations to participate in policy monitoring, policy development and advocacy
- Ensuring responsible and accountable implementation of sectorial policies to the benefit of Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian communities
- Impact on sectorial reforms pertaining to the Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian communities.